[Asterisk-Users] Music on hold & Read error on sound device

Wade Weppler weppler at wwworks-inc.com
Sun Jul 20 19:36:49 MST 2003

Your soundcard doesn't have much to do with MOH.  In fact, you can run MOH
entirely without a soundcard.  Therefore, OSS vs. ALSA won't affect your MOH
performance.

You might want to make sure that your musiconhold.conf file is correct, and
that you really do have MPG123 and NOT MPG321.  res_musiconhold.c looks for
mpg123 in /usr/bin, so make sure it's in that location.

If everything is running well, you should see two mpg123 processes running
per "class" when you start Asterisk.

Have you tried using the MP3Player to make sure that mpg123 is working?

-wade