[Asterisk-Users] Self parked but avaliable

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Jul 20 06:11:10 MST 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 06:43, listasterisk at comtek.co.nz wrote:
> Is there any way I can define an extension that I can call which will park my
> call so that I can listen to hold music over the speaker phone, but then if a
> real call comes in for me, it prompts me to press a key to accept the call, and
> if I do then it takes me out of parking can connects me to the incoming call?

If you have call waiting set up, you could just define an extension that
is your music list. Then you dial your music extension, if a call comes
for you, you will hear a beep. During this beep you should get the CID
spill and be able to decide if you want to answer the line. If you want
to answer the line, hangup and the phone should ring with the incoming
call.