[Asterisk-Users] OT: list format vs newsgroup format

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jul 18 07:16:00 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 09:02, Chris Earle (CBL) wrote:
> Arrrrgh
>
> I hate trying to sift through all these messages and keep track of the
> various threads going on .........
>
> Who else on here prefers the newsgroup/threaded approach?  If you haven't
> already, check out news.gmane.org for mailing lists turned into newsgroups
> readable by news readers.......

What you need is to get a decent mail reader. Those of us that complain
regularly about people changing subjects in the middle of a thread
already know the benefits of threaded email reading. Why bother with a
newsgroup because you choose to stay on windows and use outbreak express

> only problem being that this list requires list membership before
> posting............<Shrug>

And this is a good thing. Otherwise spammers only need the list address
to spam us all, and you get this also on newsgroups. Right now the only
risk is the fact that the email addresses we use here are archived
publicly in an easy to harvest method. I think that is the most risk I
wish to undertake.