[Asterisk-Users] IAX and Speex?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Jul 18 01:28:30 MST 2003

I wonder if there's anyone out there successfully using the Speex codec
with IAX2, and if so, if you could kindly point me to a working
configuration that would use that codec on that channel type.

A sort of related question would be how one could tell just which codecs
to expect to be used on which channel.

I have googled the archives and looked through the documentation, but
what appears to be the thing to do (in iax.conf: "disallow=all;
allow=SPEEX", at both endpoints) does not seem to do the job.

Thanks.

B.