[Asterisk-Users] Re: Strange behavior in latest CVS

Paul Cheng asterisk at klarium.com
Thu Jul 17 11:49:49 MST 2003

Hi All,

A week ago, we had Asterisk working very stably with SIP, I4L (ISDN
BRI) with a passive Eicon card, chan_h323, g729, etc. However, if
Asterisk ran for long periods of time without a restart, there would be
a build-up of unterminated SIP channels without the ability to do a
soft hangup. Restarting periodically would solve the problem.

These artifact channels didn't really have an impact on Asterisk as far
as we could tell.

After we downloaded the latest CVS over the last two days, the sip
artifacts don't seem to be there anymore, but if * runs for a day or
two, the g729 codec support starts exhibiting strange behavior and even
if there is a free licensed channel, it will refuse the call.
Restarting fixes this problem. In addition, our chan_h323 no longer
works. Inbound voice works, but outbound no longer works.

Has anyone seen this behavior with the g729 codec or h323 with the
latest CVS? We're using RH9 k2.4.18.