[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7905G vs ATA186

Steven Honson shonson at isoproplex.net
Wed Jul 16 04:28:47 MST 2003

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting some Cisco VoIP hardware to play with in
combination with a Asterisk server.

I've heard that there is beta software available to do SIP on the 7905G.

So, I'm thinking of either getting a 7905G or a ATA186.

My dillema is, which one to buy?

I can get both for about the same price, has anyone had any experience
with using a 7905G with Asterisk?

On one hand it would be useful to have a ATA186 for its two ports, might
be useful for testing stuff (Can you call between the two ports on a
ATA186 ok?).

But on the other hand, having a proper IP Phone would be cool also.

Cheers,
Steven