[Asterisk-Users] audio pause/delay problems

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Tue Jul 15 16:20:09 MST 2003

>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:
>>>>> "John" == John Todd <jtodd at loligo.com> writes:
 John> For what it's worth, I have noticed the same problem, but I think
 John> the problem is in IAX2, since my long-haul portions of the
 John> diagram were over IAX2, while my SIP clients are almost always
 John> sitting on the same LAN as the Asterisk server.

 Jan> I have noticed these problems both in this kind of setup and in a
 Jan> SIP call to a remote Asterisk server.

 John> What codec were you testing with over IAX2?

 Jan> GSM.

 Jan> Having investigated this a bit more, it turns out that using alaw
 Jan> instead of gsm on the IAX2 link makes the problem go away. It
 Jan> seems the jitter settings start working then.

 Jan> Any hints? I'd prefer not to be stuck with 80kbps per call...

Having investigated this further, it seems that connecting a zaptel
device (WC100USB in my case) to the local * fixes the problem.

--J.