[Asterisk-Users] R2 signaling - E1

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jul 15 12:20:29 MST 2003

Artur -
   No, R2 is currently not supported.  If someone can prove me wrong,
I'd be very happy to find a solution, as I have several customers who
are unable to use Asterisk and/or Digium hardware because of their R2
signalling from upstream providers.

   As recently as last week, there was discussion where someone was
thinking about writing an R2 protocol interpreter for Asterisk (Chris
Ziomkowski) but I have not seen any further mention made of it here
in the list.

(see the thread titled: Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Specific question about
pri_dchannel in channels/chan_zap.c)

JT