[Asterisk-Users] Chan_H323, G729 (minor problem)

Dave Alan Caruana david at melita.net
Tue Jul 15 06:08:42 MST 2003

hi ..

I have finally managed to get Chan_H323 & G729 working
flawlessly, thanks to some help from Jerry McNamara.
For those out there who are stuck with the same problem
the procedure is :
1. install on RedHat 8.0 and nothing else (RH9 doesn't work!)
2. Install asterisk, zaptel etc. the normal way
3. Compile Pwlib & oH323 with versions taken from nufone's
    site (http://www.nufone.net/downloads) since the latest versions
    do not have support for G729. Remember to set the environment
    versions as described in the Readme files.
4. Modify the makefile of chan_h323 (which is in
/usr/src/asterisk/channels/h323)
    to re-enable the G729 code.
5. in h323.conf put in "allow=g729"
and you should have a working configuration ..

now for my question ..
during G729 calls I am getting repeatedly the message

WARNING[311314]: File dsp.c, Line 1198 (ast_dsp_process): Unable to detect
process 256 frames

this scrolls up the screen at a very high rate of knots.. the call is
unaffected and goes through normally.
Is this something wrong? normal? can it be fixed/suppressed?

cheers
Dave