[Asterisk-Users] G729 licensing

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Mon Jul 14 23:57:34 MST 2003

>>>>> "Matthew" == Matthew Hardeman <mhast at papersoft.com> writes:
 Matthew> I'm not familiar with the codec support in Gnomeeting, but
 Matthew> have you tried a codec like iLBC?  I had great success running
 Matthew> ilbc over IAX2 between my home and office.

It doesn't really matter all that much what I use in Gnomemeeting (or
other client applications), as I have set up two *'s specifically for
the purpose of transporting calls across the Internet. So as long as *
is able to recode, I'm happy with any low-bandwidth codec that *
supports.

Which reminds me, I haven't been able to get recoding to work with the
included h323 module. It always said "unable to find a path form 8 to 1"
or similar. Is that a known issue, or should I investigate and report
bugs?

I'm using oh323 now, which seems to work.

As for ILBC, it seems the quality is a bit too low. I need something of
toll-quality, so that I don't have to explain to everyone where I'm
calling from and why it sounds so strange.

--J.