[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and VMWare

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Mon Jul 14 12:54:06 MST 2003

agreed here too.

You cannot hook into real hardware interrupts for timing in a VM.

A cheap small pentium can run asterisk (I have a dual 200MHz Pentium Pro),
but as soon as you add the hardware emulation layer of any VM real/pseudo
realtime needs are not met.

Even using the USB digium device, the VM cannot handle isosyncronos IO.

<quote who="Erik Anderson">

END OF LINE