[Asterisk-Users] MSN Messenger 4.7 vs 5.0

Stefan Johnson sascjf at cablelynx.com
Mon Jul 14 12:02:59 MST 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:55:51 -0500, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:

> On Monday 14 July 2003 12:24 pm, Rainer Jochem wrote:
>> Then I thought that it would be a good idea to do an upgrade
>> to v5.0... (yes, never touch a running system ;)
>> But now - there's only the possibility to create and use
>> Passport-accounts.
>> Did I just don't find it or isn't there any chance to do SIP
>> calls with Messenger 5.0 any more?
>
> That's correct.  MSN Messenger 5.0 removed all interoperability
> from the client.  Considering it's from Microsoft, are you really
> surprised?
>
> -Tilghman

Part of the problem may be that you installed "MSN" Messenger
in place of "Windows" Messenger that came with win2k.  MSN
Messenger is the OLDER protocol.  I'm running Windows Messenger
on WinXP 4.7 and it seems to be the latest (could be mistaken
about it being the latest, but I just ran a windows update on
it the other day...)

Hope this helps...
Stefan Johnson