[Asterisk-Users] Hardware Vendors

Matthew Hardeman mhast at papersoft.com
Mon Jul 14 09:37:33 MST 2003

Hi All!

Can anyone direct me to any websites / manufacturers out there who are
making small, put-it-in-the-closet-and-forget-it type systems for
building routers, home gateway servers, that sort of thing?

My fantasy machine for this purpose would be along the lines of a
mini-itx system with external power supply, dual Ethernet interfaces on
board, and one PCI slot available.  If it had one real serial port on
it, that would be great too.  Am I dreaming, or does it exist for a
reasonable price?  I would be willing to go the 500 MHz - 1 GHz range.
Something without a fan would be really nice.  I'm basically looking for
a system that someone out there is stamping out in quantities and isn't
too outrageous in price.  Does it exist, and if so who sells it?

It seems to me a system like the above described would be perfect for
building out a home gateway / home asterisk server.

Matt Hardeman
PaperSoft