[Asterisk-Users] Configuring BudgeTone and ringer over TFTP

John Laur johnl at blurbco.com
Fri Jul 11 12:44:41 MST 2003

I noticed that the BudgeTone (I have the 102) with the latest firmware
tries to download a file called cfg.txt (presumably the configuration)
and a file called ring.bin (presumably a ringer) from the tftp server.

The ring-in sound on the budgetone is the same as the ring-out sound and
that is going to be confusing for users. I contacted GrandStream and was
informed that both of these formats are "available for licensing" which
sounded a bit odd - does anyone have other info?

I really like this phone as an entry-level IP phone. It has great sound
and works perfectly with asterisk. For the price it will be hard to
beat. Too bad it still has these few usability issues... I'm looking
forward to seeing the 102D.

John