[Asterisk-Users] channel bank configuration

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Fri Jul 11 06:59:55 MST 2003

I have a premisys slimline 24 channel fxs channel bank.  I'm attempting to
get it configured to work with my asterisk server.  I have 2 T100P cards
in the asterisk box.  One is connected to an incoming pri, the second is
connected to the channel bank.

In my /etc/zaptel.conf file I have the line fxoks=25-48
In my zapata.conf file I have the line signaling=fxo_ks

When talking to the company I bought the channel bank from, they wish to
know what type of signaling the channel bank will get.  Apparently their
only familiar with connectling the channel bank straight to the T1 line.
What type of signalling do I need to advise them that the channel bank is
receiving?  He advised me that they commonly see loopstart signaling.
When I mentioned Koolstart to him, he was unfamiliar with it. I went with
fxoks because that is what someone on the list recommended.  All
suggestions are appreciated.
AJ