[Asterisk-Users] channel bank setup "What do I do now?"

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Thu Jul 10 18:15:20 MST 2003

Hello all,
I have premisys 24 port fxs channel bank that is connected to a Wildcard
T100 card.  I also have a pri coming in from verizon that is going to
another T100 card in my box.  I've downloaded the latest CVS, I went into
the file /etc/zaptel.conf and added the following lines:
     span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
     span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
     bchan=1-23
     dchan=24
     fxoks=25-48
     loadzone=us defaultzone=us

I then entered the /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf file and entered the
following:
     [channels]
     signalling=pri_cpe
     switchtype=national
     group = 1
     context = incoming
     channel => 1-23

     signalling=fxo_ks
     group = 2
     context = internal
     channel => 25-48

I've also done some playing around with my extensions.conf file.
I have an anphaenol cable coming out of the channel bank coming to a 66
punch down block.  What I'm wondering is what I need to do next?
(specifically).  Verizon gave me a number to call them after testing when
the "pbx" was set up and ready.  I'm just kind of wondering what to do
from here and want to make sure that everything is ok on my end before I
call them.  Also currently, I have only terminated 1 jack from the 66
block but I will probably do the rest of them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.  I'm still in the newbie category
but we are trying here.
AJ