[Asterisk-Users] Transfers on the Cisco 7960

Ryan Butler rbutler at adiis.net
Thu Jul 10 08:44:37 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 10:26, Kim C. Callis wrote:
> I noticed that there is a soft button for transfer when you initiate a
> call. I pressed it, and it actually put the call on hold, although I
> was able to call another extension. Is that soft button functional?
> And if so, how do you make use of it? And if not, how does one
> transfer a call?
>

> Kim C. Callis

The transfer button is for "Attended transfers"  Which is when you call
the person, announce there is a call for them, and then transfer it to
them.

On the opposite side of the display as the Transfer soft button is a
BldXfer.  If you hit this button and dial a number it will do a
unannounced transfer which is what it sounds like you're looking for.

To use the "Attended Transfer" feature, hit the transfer button, dial
the other extension, announce the call to the person on the other
extension, then hit the transfer soft button again to complete the
transfer.

--
Ryan Butler <rbutler at adiis.net>
ADI Internet Solutions