[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail answers, but drops SIP call after about 3 seconds.

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Thu Jul 10 08:17:47 MST 2003

I am calling from my laptop to an asterisk box which answers the call
and I can hear the voicemail prompts, but the problem is that after so
many seconds, MSN Messenger drops the call because it thinks it hasn't
been answered by the remote machine.  I'm not sure if this is an
asterisk problem, or if it is Messenger not knowing the call was
answered.

Has anyone else run into this sort of problem?

The extensions.conf looks like this:

exten => 6000,1,Dial(Zap/1,15|rt)
exten => 6000,2,Voicemail2(u6000)
exten => 6000,102,Voicemail2(b6000)

and sip.conf:
[general]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=ext
allow=all
register => 33***:********@fwd.pulver.com/6000

[fwd.pulver.com]
type=friend
secret=********
username=33***
host=fwd.pulver.com
canreinvite=no

Thanks,

--
Leif Madsen - Telecommunications Technology
Pager (416) ***-**** (don't use anymore, SMS me)