[Asterisk-Users] OpenBSD version???

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Wed Jul 9 13:25:36 MST 2003

John Todd's Onlamp article mentions an OpenBSD version as of June 2003.
Have I been sleeping while reading asterisk-users?

Is it a seperate project or is it just making Asterisk portable?

Who is working on this and is it in the main CVS yet?

Do they have device drivers ported or just the software parts of
Asterisk?  I think the software parts would be relatively simple but
time consuming.

I've been trying to work up the nerve to try a port to FreeBSD, but I
don't have a lot of time and haven't been a C coder for many years now.
Anything the OpenBSD people have done will probably make a FreeBSD port
trivial.

I have nothing against OpenBSD, and while Linux is acceptable, I have
FreeBSD boxen laying around all over the place doing other tasks with
more than enough spare ooomph to handle Asterisk.  I could roll out 4
VoIP installations tomorrow, with PSTN tie-ins to follow, if it would
run on FreeBSD.

lambert at lambertfam.org