[Asterisk-Users] PRI with variable length numbers

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 9 12:22:01 MST 2003

Hey Martin,

I'm not receiving fixed-length numbers on that PRI and it really seems
to be the Asterisk end which decides when dialling is complete.

I've arranged for a block of numbers, starting with "3", to be routed
from the Meridian to Asterisk, over this PRI.  As long as the numbers
I set up in my dialplan don't start with the same digits, I can put in
numbers with varying lengths and it works OK, dialling them from an
extension on the Meridian.  Don't ask me how, because I'm not really into
the low-level signalling-protocols on PRI's yet.  I could send you
"pri intense debug"-output of some calls off-list, if you want to see for
yourself.

For example, I have set up several extensions in the range of
"3000" to "3099" for IP-phones, and those can all be dialled directly.
I also included a context in the incoming PRI-context
which allowed dialling IAXTel-numbers, with a prefix of "3", and you
can now indeed call "31700<rest of number>" from any extension on the
Meridian for an IAXTel-number.  The Meridian has no special programming
to differentiate between dialled extensions in the "3"-range, so my
conclusion is that Asterisk signals when dialling is complete.

As Asterisk seems to be the one determining when the number is finished,
it seems possible to use the same extension matching-logic as on
analog ports.

   Grtz,

      Oliver