[Asterisk-Users] modules.conf again

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Wed Jul 9 06:28:57 MST 2003

> 1)As I have seen, to make Asterisk load chan_capi.so
> and chan_modem.so you must have: load=>chan_capi.so
> and load => chan_modem.so in your modules.conf. But I
> had understood some time ago that setting autoload =>
> yes made Asterisk load every module that was necesary.
> Then, why must I load these channels explicitely?

I can't speak for chan_capi, but in the case of chan_modem, it has to be
explicitly listed because explicitly listed modules come first, and
chan_modem will choose which modules it wants to load (it's some ugly
historical baggage).

> 2)For what is used the section [global]?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to, in the module ".so" file
itself, tell the linker to make its symbols global when it loads it.  This
causes Asterisk to specifically request the symbols be made global (and
thus available to other modules which are loaded later).

Mark