[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P noise?

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Tue Jul 8 16:50:46 MST 2003

On Saturday 05 July 2003 10:18 pm, Kevin Herzig wrote:
> Hi all.  I bought Digium's dev kit and a used IBM PL300 PC to try it out
> in.  The X100P works fine, but with the TDM400P I get what I can best
> describe as 'interrupt noise'... noise whenever I type a key on the
> keyboard, or when something accesses the disk drive, uses cpu, etc.
>
> In my other PC it works fine, no noise and sounds great.  But I cannot
> dedicate the other PC to it.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?   I'd be grateful.  So far I've had good success
> getting * to dial out via IConnectHere.  Neat stuff!
>
> Kevin

When I used * on an IBM PIII 600 (6565-85U) it also made a nice noise. I
switched to a dell poweredge and it's gone. It seems to be related to the
power supply. I'd try adding sime decent size capacitors (5000 u+) to 5 and
12V, if I had the time to mess with it. Check to see if it is certified for
home use which is harder than office.

--

Steve