[Asterisk-Users] line battery check

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Jul 8 08:29:09 MST 2003

I know in the x100p hardware the driver can sense whether there is battery
voltage on the line or not. Is this possible in the zap drivers using t1/e1
interfaces ?

I believe the signalling bits are only ring and hook, not loop presence, so
not sure if it is possible.

I had a situation last night where a main cable was cut in the area and
lines were down overnight. My burglar alarm knew right away there was no
line battery and started beeping. Data T1 down was a no-brainer for the
monitoring software to detect. Now I am looking for a way to detect loop
loss on the voice lines - any ideas how to accomplish with asterisk ?

I have a zhone bank - anyone know offhand if I can program loop loss on a
port to put it into an alarm state ? At least then I would have a contact
closure I could monitor easily.