[Asterisk-Users] msn

Masakazu Nakano n-mack at md.neweb.ne.jp
Tue Jul 8 01:10:22 MST 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:23:51 +0800
"Kelvin Chua" <kchua at up.edu.ph> wrote:

>hi guys,
>
>have any of you guys managed to use msn messenger to authenticate with asterisk using its DNS name? based on my experience with other sip proxies, msn will not authenticate if it sees a different realm than the realm of the client. one workaround i did was to edit the chan_sip.c to send a pre-defined realm, and also edit the Contact: field. after this, asterisk would send a 401 to the register message, at this point, i'm quite stuck. i also noticed that the nonce field is randdata? compared to iptel.org's ser and vovida's vocal. i notice a lot of difference on the sip messages composition. i'm running 0.4.0.

I think maybe msn has one of heart-beat feature.

When it cannot get result of icmp, send bye to sip server by itself.

require server_addr and asterisk (realm) with your hosts file in your windows.

---
Masakazu Nakano.
Dairiten.com - an open source VoIP and Ubiquitous Portal site in Japan.
http://www.dairiten.com/modules/news/