[Asterisk-Users] Newbie Doubts

Michael Kane mkane at to-talk.com
Mon Jul 7 10:53:39 MST 2003

Conceptually, one could purchase a Cisco(or Cisco like device) that has a
DVM module(digital voice module) and route the TDM traffic from the DVM out
the Ethernet port(VoIP).  In a previous life some could and did call this
device a channel bank.  Although I disagree.  Wade is right on the money.  A
traditional channel bank (T1, M13) will mux many to one from either
digital/analog or digital/ditital or digital/optical.