[Asterisk-Users] callgroup and pickupgroup

Wade Weppler weppler at wwworks-inc.com
Mon Jul 7 10:12:31 MST 2003

"group" has nothing to do with either callgroup or pickupgroup.

"callgroup" is a group of incoming "calls".
"pickupgroup" is for membership purposes.

A channel that belongs to a pickupgroup, can pickup all incoming calls on
the same callgroup by hitting *8#.

A channel can belong to multiple pickupgroup's, ie:

pickupgroup=1,2,3

This channel would then be able to pickup calls on callgroup 1, 2 or 3 by
hitting *8#.

-wade