[Asterisk-Users] IAX Bandwidth Question

Jay Tyndall asterisk at tyndall.id.au
Mon Jul 7 02:58:58 MST 2003

Hi,

I am using IAX to communicate between 2 sites, each site is using a 256k/64k ADSL Connection.

I have noticed that when I connect my ping time to my 1st hop jumps from 30~ms to over 12,000ms in over a period of about 10 minutes, it just keeps climbing until the link is saturated.

Naturally, there is a very long delay when speaking.

What bandwidth would be adequate for IAX? or how can I tune my config to work better with my current bandwidth situation.
I am using GSM codec and bandwidth=low in iax.conf

Thanks in advance.

Jay.