[Asterisk-Users] FWD trouble - 407 error

James H. Cloos Jr. cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Jul 5 18:31:10 MST 2003

>>>>> "Iain" == Iain Stevenson <iain at iainstevenson.com> writes:

Iain> I didn't used to have any trouble with FWD and * is registering
Iain> with FWD OK.  Has FWD changed or * changed in a way that might
Iain> cause this error?

Jeff just announce an upgrade to fwd the other day.

One change is that callers have to be logged in.  (This is to help
ensure the cnid info send in the sip invite accurately reflects the
callers fwd number.)  This change was added after a rash of nuisance
calls¹.

-JimC

¹ As a disclaimer:  I started a thread on the fwd list about
  these after I received a couple of mostly amusing ones; the
  discussion on that thread may have led to the change.