[Asterisk-Users] Please help -- Syntax for dialing VoIP provider

Sat Jul 5 10:42:53 MST 2003

Hi

thanks to everybody who responded to my earlier post. I have looked at
all the material and links provided and tried everything in there, but
it simply won't work for me.

My SIP phones register with Asterisk, but they cannot be called
(everybody is busy at this time) nor can they call anything (error code
4, whatever that means) not even internal (yes I did give them
appropriate context).

Further, Asterisk registers with my VoIP provider via SIP just fine, but
I cannot make any calls even from the analog phones.

sip show registry gives me

Host                  		Username     	Refresh	State
63.214.186.6:5060	myusername	120		Registered

sip debug also confirms successful registration.

I wonder what the syntax is to dial a number via a VoIP provider. This
appears to be documented NOWHERE.

I tried this:

; International long distance through VoIP service
;
exten => _00N.,1,Dial,SIP/${EXTEN:2}@calamar0.nikotel.com,tr
exten => _00N.,2,Congestion

and sip debug tells me that the account doesn't match the one on record,
whatever that means.

I tried this:

; International long distance through VoIP service
;
exten => _00N.,1,Dial,SIP/myusername at calamar0.nikotel.com/${EXTEN:2},tr
exten => _00N.,2,Congestion

and this doesn't even show anything but immediately gives me a busy
signal. The fact that there is no debugging output leads me to believe
that Asterisk didn't even attempt to try talking to the VoIP server.

Does anybody know how to dial a PSTN number through a VoIP service?

Is this standardised, at least within SIP? Or does it vary from provider
to provider?

any hints appreciated
kind regards
bk