[Asterisk-Users] zt_pri_errors: PRI got event: 8 / 6

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 4 10:17:24 MST 2003

Hi Stefano,

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 18:24:39 +0200, Stefano Finetti wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Today I've installed a fresh new E100P on a EuroISDN PRI.
>
> It seems to work well, accepting calls, but, when I start *, I have
> the screen flooded with this message:
>
> PRI got event: 8 (or  6)
>
> If i look into /var/log/asterisk/messages i've this Error:
>
> File chan_zap.c, Line 5341 (zt_pri_error): PRI: Read on 35 failed:
> Unknown error 500
>
> Repeated indefinitely.

[...]

I've seen this problem on an E100P too.  One cause seems to be an
incorrectly configured timing parameter.

What does your "/etc/zaptel.conf" look like?

If you have something like:

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3

Try:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3

This instructs the Zaptel-drivers to use that line as the
primary sync-source, instead of it's own timing.  Most telco's configure
their lines to provide timing, instead of taking it from the customer's
equipment.  For a discussion about this, check the archives.

   Grtz,

     Oliver