[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Sacrifice?

Fri Jul 4 05:23:51 MST 2003

Hi

is there any ritual sacrifice a newbie has to perform to be welcome on
this list?

I am new to this whole PBX thing in general and Asterisk in particular.
I had hoped that the community on this list would welcome a newbie like
myself and help me with some answers to my stupid questions, but somehow
it seems to me that nobody likes to respond to somebody who appears to
be a complete beginner -- too much bother and a risk to have to explain
everything from scratch -- better not answer at all and all that.

Well, it may appear that way, but I am not a complete idiot. I know a
lot about mobile switching centres, HLRs, VLRs, IN service nodes,
mediation devices, billing and settlement systems etc -- I just don't
know much about PSTN and PBXes. I would appreciate it if somebody could
help me out with a few hints on how to set up my Asterisk box, in
particular in respect of VoIP as per my last posting.

thank you very much in advance
kind regards
bk