[Asterisk-Users] LD accontability

Kim C. Callis kcallis at c2associates.net
Fri Jul 4 05:05:09 MST 2003

As I was working on my extensions.conf file, I started to segment
calling privileges. For the everyday workers, I don't free reign to LD
access unless it is business related. So I was wondering if there was a
way to implement some type of accounting code to be entered before
accessing LD, which of course would be noted in the CDR (however it is
implemented, either comma delimited or MySQL).

For example:

I have a customer who is customer 2022. One of my tech support people
has to make a call to that client for business related reasons. So when
that tech person dials 1-212-555-1212, they have to dial in 2022 so that
it is notated that this call was to that particular client. Assuming
that is a valid account code, the LD call proceeds, if not, a message is
played for the tech person to the effect of something like, "That
account code is not valid" and notates that in the cdr as well.

This is my view of how it would work, but if anyone has another way to
provide accountability that would work as well.

Kim C. Callis