[Asterisk-Users] dst number

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jul 4 02:46:10 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 02:41, Steven Kawuma wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to write a set of contexts that will be executed for
> different destination numbers. But for each of these numbers,
> different audio files are played as specified in a postgres db
> depending on the destination number. Is this possible? How can I tell
> which number has been called at the time when the call is answered?

This depends a little on your technology delivering the calls to you.

If it is PRI, then you probably will be sent the entire phone number
that was called, and you just set up extensions for each inbound number,
or pattern matches.

If it is channelized T1, then it is probably E&M wink and you will get
either 3 or 4 digits of dtmf. In this case your extensions will match
the 3 or 4 digits sent from the telco.

If VoIP, it is similar to PRI in that you set up your matches to be the
entire dialed number.