[Asterisk-Users] Using switch => SOLVED !!!!!! ( probably)

Anton Yurchenko phila at dg.net.ua
Fri Jul 4 00:39:47 MST 2003

Anton Yurchenko wrote:

Anyway for this to work, I mean rsa authentication:
on the host that is defined as switch you have to have this lines

[username]
auth=rsa,md5,plaintext
secret=[key]   ; note the brackets they are important

and on the other host you have to have this in your extensions.conf

switch => username:[key]@iaxrsapeer       ; again note the brackets

What I was missing was that secret=[key] statament on the recieving
side, and that auth has to be not only rsa. I do not know why is it this
way but at leat looking at the packet dump with ethereal it was saying
in packets sent to the host defined in the switch => " rsasecret=
<secret string>". So I guess it works.

Anybody can confirm that this is the right way to configure this, and
this is the way to go?

--

Anton Yurchenko<phila at dg.net.ua>
Digital Generation