[Asterisk-Users] No ringing when I dial an extension

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Thu Jul 3 14:11:40 MST 2003

Hi All...

When I dial into my Asterisk box and then dial an extension, I here silence
until the person picks up or until the call goes to voice mail.

At one point I had Asterisk configured to play music during this time by
adding the m to the extension, but music on hold does not work for me (I
think mpg123 does not work on my box) so I turned off music on hold and
removed the m.

Now I just hear silence.  How do I get the ringing sound back?

Thanks...