[Asterisk-Users] Migration to Asterisk - Running off of Merlin Legend system

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Thu Jul 3 14:05:45 MST 2003

On 3 Jul 2003, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 15:11, Steve Creel wrote:
> > Right now, the voicemail system (and auto-attendant) are connected to the
> > switch by 4 analog lines.  Logic says that these are FXS cards in the
> > switch, like any other extension.  The switch handles an incoming call and
> > transfers it to the auto-attendant.  How would such a call be identified
> > to be dropped in the appropriate context?
> >
> > When the phone switch fails to reach someone at an extension, it transfers
> > them to the voicemail system.  How could these calls be identified as
> > different from an incoming call to the auto-attendant?  How is the
> > appropriate mailbox or extension identified?
>
> It is unlikely that you have 4 lines max to send and receive calls to
> voicemail and auto attendant. It may be some other technology to route
> TDM to the PC that does voicemail and auto attendant. If this is true,
> then you won't be able to use those interfaces.

That's normal on the legend. You put the 4 station ports in a hunt group
and it does coverage for the other extensions. Various configurations are
available from 2-12 ports.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent