[Asterisk-Users] Need a recommendation on a good motherboard/processor combination

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Thu Jul 3 11:01:58 MST 2003

I have setup 2 Asterisk boxes both on gigabyte boards (one with onboard LAN and the other without) and using Intel proc's (A P4 and a P3)..

So far I have had no problems..

Many people have had good results from AMD proc's as well but as I recall you must not use the AMD optimised kernel and must stick with the i686 kernel.. Not sure why that is or if I am 100 percent correct in that..

Hope that helps..