[Asterisk-Users] Is there any real asterisk documentation ?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Thu Jul 3 09:28:36 MST 2003

Hi Frank-

I've had a similar experience with Asterisk over my first week, but have had
some recent breakthroughs.   Asterisk/Digium will in the end save me a huge
amount of money over a typical Dialogic/high-level voice language GUI
approach, so it will all be worth it (I hope!)

But it has been very frustrating.  I've read the documents you mention, and
every day I read most of the posts here, but there's no really simple
description of the modules and terminology.  A one page programmer's
description of the language, and dependencies would be most helpful!  Also,
just a one paragraph description of the function of each of:  zaptel,
zapata, the ztcfg program etc etc..

Maybe I'll write one myself when I understand it better!  Meanwhile I've got
to crank out this application.......

Good luck!
Scott

Scott M. Stingel