[Asterisk-Users] Re: Newbie question

Andrey Katkov askat at crimea.net
Thu Jul 3 08:44:10 MST 2003

> Message: 1
> From: "Dan" <dtoma at fx.ro>
> To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Newbie question
> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:14:44 +0300
>
> Hi,
>
> I have the same error only whan I start Asterisk with asterisk -vvvvvc
> If I start it with safe_asterisk and then enter to the console with
> asterisk -vvvvvvr this message does not appear.
> Any type of calls I made from the SIP phone I get the same NOTICE type
> message.
> Anyway, it seems to work except that I must enter the DTMF codes several
> times in order to be correctly interpreted.
> The used SIP phone is a Cisco 7960

I've found the problem. In example said:
Step 4: Set up our sip.conf file for Asterisk
  A typical configuration for an ATA-186 would look like this:
  [2299]
  type=friend
  username=2299
  secret=lordwhorfin
  canreinvite=no
  host=dynamic
  dtmfmode=rfc2833
  mailbox=2299
  nat=1

But, demo voicemail doesn't accept dtmf dialing.
I've changed string "dtmfmode" to "inband" and demo start work ...

--
Sincerely yours,
Andrey Katkov.