[Asterisk-Users] BIG problem with multiple rings before pickup

The Traveller traveler at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 2 12:43:29 MST 2003

Hi Jim,

You're probably not receiving disconnect-supervision on your analog
lines, or have Zaptel configured incorrectly to recognize it.  Check
the list-archives (available from "www.asterisk.org").  You could try the
"busydetect"-statement in "zapata.conf".  Also check Asterisk's main Makefile
for some options related to busydetect.  I strongly recommend the improved
busydetect-routines (BUSYDETECT_MARTIN), which are not the default yet.
Make sure that your voice-menu's always have a timeout, so it's impossible
for your system to get stuck in one in the first place, should a caller not
hang up or this fact not be detected by Asterisk.

   Grtz,

     Oliver