[Asterisk-Users] Enhanced queue app

Jim Friedeck asterisk at carhil.com
Wed Jul 2 06:45:33 MST 2003

Wrap-up, as our existing phone system calls it, is a period of time that
an agent will not get an incoming call after hanging up the previous
call. This allows time for the agent to 'wrap-up' the preceeding
conversation by filling out forms, typing on the computer, or taking a
sip of coffee. Most systems have a variable wrap-up time for different
agents or queues and a way for the agent to indicate he/she is
immediately ready to take a call (like a programmable button on a
digital phone.) Since Asterisk deals with analog phones, there is no
programmable button we can use.

Jim Friedeck