[Asterisk-Users] Zap outgoing hangups callprogress=yes?

Surfer Dude swell at labranch.com
Tue Jul 1 11:44:33 MST 2003

Hello,

I am in need for some urgent advice.  I have a live system with ~25 extensions and 8 analog lines.  Users are getting hung up on in the middle of conversation and I am getting side glances.

When I first launched, a few days ago, there were some hang-ups on calls right away.  I turned off busydetect in zapata.conf and that seemed to fix the problem for at least 24 hours.  Now, more infrequently I am getting hang-ups on outgoing calls specifically.  The hang-up can be right away or it can be a few minutes into the conversation.

It *seems* to happen when users call 800 numbers.

Sometimes the outgoing call show this on the line when the called party is NOT busy.

    -- Zap/1-1 is ringing
    -- Zap/1-1 is busy

They continue the call for a while then get hung up on.

My question:  Could this be  callprogress=yes in zapata.conf?

The problem I have right now is that I can not experiment too much because we are live.

If I can solve this problem and solve the problem of the bad echo on outgoing calls I think the system will survive as our company PBX.  I really want this to work.  We are growing fast and I need a system that can keep up.

System:

    T400P
    1 x CAC II 12/FXO 12/FXS
    2 x CAC II 24/FXS

Oh, I am using groundstart mode for the lines because the lines were not hanging up on incoming calls.

Thanks for any advice,

Jason