[Asterisk-Users] Enhanced queue app

TC trclark at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 1 08:03:21 MST 2003

I have also contracted mark for some minor modifications to app_queue and
chan_agent
1) if you use a mixed environment of agents and devices on  a single Q
    I want the ring process terminated before the time out value in
queue.conf if the call is picked up
    by anyone assigned to the Q (device or agent)
2) if all agents are online when a new call comes into a Q, the current q
logic will ring the devices for the timeout period
    before cycling and attempting to assign the called to a logged in agent
,
    I want the Q to attempt to assign a call  to an agent as soon as they
hit the "*" key to hang up on the current call even
    if the ring process has started on the devices

I also have some in line comments here see %TC

>To all who need more queue functionality,
> We are contracting Digium to enhance the queue app for our call center
needs. Please read the following >email conversation and give your ideas.
Unless a glaring omission is found in my specification we will have >them
start tomorrow (Wednesday). I may not have thought of something important.
It will be released to all >Asterisk users by Digium. Thanks for your time.
%TC THANK YOU JIM

>>>     If agent recieves call while logged in and call goes unanswered for
>>> a specified amount of times (specified per queue) agent is logged out
>>> and event is recorded in CDR. Notification through astman interface
>>> would be desireable as well for management purposes.

%TC
Can we just make sure that "specified amount of times " has a value 0 zero
meaning "forevever" to stop agents automagically beling logged out by the
system

>>>     When agent picks up phone and is not on a local interface, a
>>> per-queue option to ask for confirmation by pressing a DTMF digit. This
>>> tells queue that call will be handled by this agent.
%TC
Can this option be a configuration of the agent.conf NOT queue.conf
seems to me that it is the agent who would like that discretion not the
queue
process that should enforce this rule
(I have already hacked this feature in chan_agent)

>>> If not confirmed, a
>>> per-queue option to log agent out or skip and place agent at bottom of
>>> queue. (Not really necessary but I could see it being useful for agents
>>> working from home with kids.)
%TC
again should this not be an agent.conf issue. also can we make sure
the flag allows for
1-skip & don't change agent place in Q
2-skip & force to bottom of the Q
3-log them out
>>>     Calls would be routed to the agent who took a call successfully
>>> longest ago. This would be the fairest way to distribute them to the
>>> busiest people. People on a call unrelated to that queue would maintain
>>> their position in the queue order unless they logged out. A busy agent
>>> could be making outbound calls and it would be unfair to penalize them
>>> for being unavailable due to outbound activity. Perhaps a per-queue
>>> choice for this.
>>>
>>>     A per-queue specified delay after hanging up that would allow agent
>>> to get ready for the next incoming call. This might be deactivated by
>>> agent dialing 'ready app' or some other convenient way.
%TC
again is this not realy a configuration item for the agent not the queue
process ???