[Asterisk-Users] Directory() application, answers but doesn't dial...

Benjamin Miller BGMiller at dccinc.com
Fri Feb 28 08:11:11 MST 2003

This was confusing to me too until I read the source code.
Maybe the help text in app_directory could be updated.
Here's the trick.
Not ONLY is "employees" the context app_directory uses to call the person's extension when you select them, BUT IT ALSO is the context if voicemail.conf that the list of employees must be in.  So, in your voicemail.conf you have below just make sure there is a [employees] above the names and it should work.
Definite documentation issue here. ;-)
Good Luck,
Ben