[Asterisk-Users] Intercom and Paging

Jeff Noxon jeff-asterisk at planetfall.com
Thu Feb 27 12:46:32 MST 2003

I forsee one of the following:

1) All phones on same paging system.  Uses 1 FXS port or a sound card
on the asterisk box.

2) Paging system addressable by groups.  Uses 1 FXS port per paging
group on asterisk.  (Plus 1 or 2 FXS for a 1/2 line phone)

3) Paging system addressable by phone.  Uses 1 FXS port per phone
dedicated to paging.  (Up to 3 FXS per phone, somewhat wasteful.)

Since this is my home system and I just want simple paging, I'm going
to go for option #1.

Obviously a digital phone would make a better solution, but that isn't
an option right now.

Regards,

Jeff