[Asterisk-Users] Aggressive Suppression and Comfort Noise

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Thu Feb 27 10:46:17 MST 2003

Voip channel detection by the zap channel would be more helpful. The
Aggressive Suppressor would only operate when a channel is patched to voip.
All other times it could either be set to lower suppression thresholds or
revert to one of the other (or no) echo_cans.

I would suspect that adding noise is low on the echo_can priority list until
the basic functionality becomes more ideal.

John

>>We can all agree that the Aggressive Suppression code has gone a long way
to solving the echo problems of Asterisk.  I, and others, have noticed that
its methods do seem a little harsh at time because it seems all sound cuts
out during suppression.  Would it be possible to add comfort noise to
suppression periods so instead of all sound cutting out during suppression,
you would at least hear what sounds like normal line noise.  I think this
would greatly round out the overall sound and make the suppression sound
softer and less harsh.

This e-mail was scanned and found clean by Monroe-Woodbury CSD Antivirus.