[Asterisk-Users] Ringing multiple instruments: sudden cutoff

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Feb 26 14:43:38 MST 2003

I have asterisk set up so that when a call comes in on Zap/1 (to a
Vonage box) it rings simultaneously both an ATA-186 on the same LAN as
the Vonage box and, via IAX, a remote S100U on an asterisk server across
the Internet.

It all seems to work OK, with one unfortunate major exception: when the
two phones are ringing, if I pick up the ATA on the local LAN here, I
can talk for as long as I want and everything is cool.  But so far, in 4
or 5 incoming calls, if I pick up the S100U attached across the net via
IAX, after a certain variable amount of time (never more than 2 minutes)
the call suddenly drops, with nothing more than the usual "Hangup"
messages on the consoles of both instances of Asterisk.

I have some other quality-related problems talking between the ATA here
and the S100U there, which I will document in a separate mail.

Thanks.

B.