[Asterisk-Users] oddness in AGI - a bug in AGI or my own insanity ?

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Wed Feb 26 09:00:51 MST 2003

> It seems a bit weird that AGI allows commands to overlap, i.e. STREAM FILE
> can be followed by other commands. Current behaviour is that these commands
> are honoured, even though there was no result for the STREAM FILE yet. The
> STREAM FILE continues to play, even though my script now expects it to be
> finished and starts throwing other commands at Asterisk.
>
> I think it would be better if commands in AGI were not honoured at all
> untill the current command loop has finished in a normal fashion (either by
> timeout or user input).

AGI has been updated so that you can interrupt *most* (notably not exec())
commands by issuing a new AGI command.  It will (generally) stop the
previous command (which will not return anything) and will start a new
one.  The primary application of this is for applications where some event
not related to the user pressing a digit (i.e. speech detection in EAGI)
might be a reason not to continue waiting.

Mark