[Asterisk-Users] ActionTec with Asterisk

William X Walsh william at wxw.org
Wed Feb 26 00:01:30 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 22:31, Mark Spencer wrote:
> > I'm in touch with their business development team, hoping to explain to
> > them why it would make sense for them either release specs or create an
> > open source c toolkit.
> >
> > Will report back.  If they do, maybe we could create a sourceforge
> > project for this.  Maybe if they don't as well, we can try to reverse
> > engineer this thing.  At $40, its a nice cheap way to do this.
>
> It certainly is cheap.  However, it is my understanding that their card
> does not support the ability to ring the phone (i don't know this for a
> fact though).  If so, this would disqualify it from being a general
> purpose FXS interface.

It rings when using IconnectHere's software.  The phone actually rings,
and I can dial out using the phone.  So there has to be an API (it also
works with Net2Phone).

Under linux it only works as a sound device (just like in does in
Windows when not being used in conjunction with Deltathree's or
Net2Phone's software).

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz