[Asterisk-Users] Vonage - Gues what?

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Tue Feb 25 22:22:36 MST 2003

OOoohh, close, very close

I couldn't find it actually for sale anywhere

Also, the two FXS ports are great but the FXO port is listed as failover ... I'm
looking for asterisk style intelligent switching based on number called

Something like this with the ability to support/interact with other of the same
units (say up to three), interact and support some networked ATA186 style FXS ports,
and the ability to handle (or pass through) data and fax calls would be the perfect
SOHO/home starter kit ... don't you think (even without voice mail and other
asterisk style services)

Add the ability to interact with an Asterisk server and you get a full fledged system

Use this system for a branch office/home worker with a connection to the main
asterisk server

I guess I'm approaching VoIP from the SOHO end ... I want a multi-location system
with the ability for a centralized server (to ease administration and tie the pieces
together) and each location on the system is relatively small (maybe up to eight
extensions at each location maxing out with two phone lines and one fax line)

PS - did you check out their DVC-1000 at http://www.d-linkshop.com/.  I saw a
positive review of it on techtv (techtv.com/screensavers)